Everyone has heard the term electrolytes, but what are they really? How do they benefit our bodies, and why do we need them? As people are becoming more conscious about health and wellness, they're exploring ways to optimize their wellbeing. We're here to share useful information about electrolytes and how they impact your health.
What are electrolytes?
Electrolytes are electrically charged compounds and minerals that allow your body to properly function. You get them from the food you eat and the fluids you drink. Think of electrolytes as a conductor of electricity that allows the transmission of messages between cells. This type of communication can occur through a variety of mechanisms, such as the potassium channels. This can help recycle ATP, regulate your heart beat, and more. They are crucial for your nervous system.
From creating energy to contracting muscles, electrolytes help facilitate vital bodily functions such as:
• Regulating the fluid levels into your cells
• Building new tissue
• Balancing pH levels in the body
• Relaxing and contracting muscles
• Transmit nerve signals from heart, muscle, and nerve cells to other cells
• Move nutrients into your cells
Research has shown that electrolytes aid with maintaining fluid balance in our tissues. This process occurs through osmosis, where water moves through the cell membrane from a dilute solution toward a concentrated solution (more electrolytes).
It is important to understand that when it comes to electrolytes, balance is key! Imbalance of electrolytes can cause certain health issues to arise. This can be caused by not eating or drinking enough, higher than normal blood pH, losing fluids, and more. blk. is infused with fulvic acid which contains over 77+ trace minerals including powerful electrolytes such as Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, and more. It helps you activate your best self, whether you're working out or looking to enhance your performance.
How do we lose electrolytes?
When we workout, our bodies lose important electrolytes through sweat including potassium and sodium. Electrolytes also leave the body through other bodily functions, which is why it is necessary to replenish yourself after a workout or when you're sick. A mild loss of electrolytes can lead to fatigue, weakness, and more. However, these mild forms of electrolyte disorders can often go un-noticed. A significant loss in electrolytes can cause the body to lose control of vital functions, such as the nervous system.
According to to the National Library of Medicine, "Electrolyte disorders often present with neurologic manifestations. Whereas disorders of some electrolytes, such as sodium, preferentially affect the central nervous system, disorders of others, such as potassium and calcium, have significant neuromuscular manifestations."
• Phosphate: hyperphosphatemia or hypophosphatemia
• Potassium: hyperkalemia and hypokalemia
• Sodium: hypernatremia and hyponatremia
How can you naturally replenish electrolytes?
We combined a couple of our favorite ways to dial in your electrolytes.
• Nutrition: A mineral-rich diet is important to regularly replenish electrolytes and fluid losses. Foods such as green vegetables, fruits, dairy products, lentils, and proper hydration help diverse your dietary sources of electrolytes. These products are high in electrolytes and provide a natural source of restoring the minerals your body craves.
• Salt: Sodium is a natural compound that can replenish electrolytes, but is also easily lost through sweat. This mineral is necessary for muscle and nerve function. From helping control fluids to impacting blood pressure, sodium is an important electrolyte bodies need. Incorporating meals with salt content can increase your electrolyte intake. It is necessary to consult with your physician to see what works best for your body.
• Electrolyte Infused Beverage: When you incorporate an electrolyte drink into your diet it allows you to easily hydrate, while giving your body the amount of electrolytes it needs. blk.'s FulvicFusion™ formula is loaded with powerful electrolytes and over 77+ trace minerals. Electrolyte infused drinks are popular among people who regularly workout or athletes that want to replace the electrolytes they lost through sweat. It also allows you to easily replenish electrolytes on-the-go.
Electrolytes have a tremendous effect on our overall health. Two electrolytes people are commonly deficient in are Potassium and Magnesium. Although there are ways you can consume electrolytes, it really comes down to convenience and being able to easily restore your body. Whether you're traveling, at work, or training it's all about being able to give your body the electrolytes it needs, and blk. is all about the convenience factor. Our fulvic infused functional beverage gives you the ability to incorporate over 77+ trace minerals into your diet all while increasing your bodies bioavailability.
Fulvic acid works with your body at a cellular level to revert damaged cells, promote healthy cell growth and increase the bioavailability of the nutrients you consume. It is also loaded with electrolytes so you can stay hydrated and refreshed. By adding blk. to your diet, your body will extract more of the nutrients from the foods you eat and easily restore electrolytes. When you give your body a variety of sources, there's a much better chance that multiple nutrients will be absorbed - leading to a better balance overall.
This has not been evaluated by the FDA. * The content in this email is for informational purposes only, is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.
* The content on all websites associated with blk. is for informational purposes only, is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.